WHAT HAPPENED IN 2012
2012 was an exciting year at Mountain Haven. We had several couples out for intensives that went well & we had a great time ministering to each couple individually. We had a great deal of work done through the AUTUMN RIDGE STUDENT MINISTRIES & the QUARRY STUDENT MINISTRIES teams in July during the week they were out here for a mission trip. Some of the projects that were completed were:
- Framed the basement
- Fenced around the Lodge to protect the landscaping from our horses, including installed another electric horse gate with a remote.
- Built a shed with a lean-to and chicken pen.
- Built a playhouse for the girls.
- Added about 7 acres of horse fencing.
- Landscaped around the lodge.
- Buried the water line from the well up to the cistern.
- Stained the back porch and finish coated all of the log railing.
- Finish coated all of the interior doors.
- Re-coated the back porch decking.
- Finished a large part of the the exterior rock on the lodge.
- Finished all of the interior rock- Fireplace & mantle, & the rock on the wall of hope.
- Tile in the master bathroom.
Over the years Chris & I have realized the need for hope in marriage. After God reconciled our marriage in 1999 (after being divorced for a year) we seemed to have an abundance of hope for some time, like a second honeymoon time! Then we went through different trials and we felt sometimes like hope was dwindling.
Hope is not something we can conjure up, but a gift from God. Kind of like joy, it is freely giving and we can motivate growth and do many things to grow it. Reading the word of God is a foundational way to grow hope. Praying with your spouse daily is monumental to grow hope in your marriage!
Hebrews 6:17-19 (ESV) says, “17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of His purpose, He guaranteed it with an oath, 18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain.”
It says that He wanted to show more convincingly that HOPE! It also says that the HOPE is an anchor of the soul. Wow, HOPE is holding our soul in place.
HOW CAN YOU PRAY FOR MH?
- For continued safety & provision for Chris & I & the MH board.
- For additional monthly supporters to enable us to continue to effectively serve in the area of marriage ministry.
- That the couples we see here at the ranch would find rest & refueling as well as the ministry they need.
- The upcoming 2013 mission team coming out to the ranch to work on various projects. Pray that those coming would be impacted for the Kingdom & that when they leave they would go home with a new desire to see healthy marriages.
As 2012 comes to a close we wish to thank all of our faithful partners in ministry. Your gifts are used to impart hope through practical ways like allowing us to do small groups for marriages, intensive pre-marriage and crisis counseling and one on one weekly counseling for couples, individuals, families and teens. As well as provide a consistent flow of online, skype and phone counseling ,and lastly allow us to work on books that are intended to strengthen and impart hope to our fellow travelers in this world. Do not underestimate the power of your prayers or financial gifts. Every couple, individual and family that is changed, is one more family that can know Jesus in a deeper way and impact their world with the hope they have. We have had the privilege of serving and ministering to over 300 people through Mountain Haven this year. We look forward to serving marriages and families next year through counseling, speaking engagements, writing more books to help others grow in their faith and mentoring and ministering to all the wonderful people that come our way.
Please consider an end of year gift through pay pal available on our website or a check postmarked by December 31, 2012 mailed to Mountain Haven, 1160 Diamond Back Trail, Canon City, CO 81212. We pray your marriage will be stronger then it has ever been, your calling in Christ be more clear and the peace and hope that is found in Jesus and a relationship with Him will be yours as you move into 2013. Happy New Year.